Himalayan pink Salt
Also Known as Himalayan Rock Salt, this salt is hand-mined and harvested from ancient salt beds, deep under the Himalayan Mountains. This salt is mined from ancient sea beds that crystallized long ago, before modern pollutants existed, lending to the belief that this salt is one of the purest salts on earth. The beautiful, varied pink coloring of Himalayan Pink Salt is due to the wide variety of trace minerals contained in this salt, giving it the signature light to dark pink coloring for which it is loved.
Known to be rich in over 80 minerals and trace elements, some of the most notable being calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, and iron, this salt is considered to be the purest form of salt available. Naturally pinkish to dark pink or reddish in color, Himalayan salt gets its signature hue from its mineral content, becoming darker as the mineral composition gets denser.
The Himalayan Salt is popularly known for its use in baths to promote relaxation of the body, and for its refreshing and energizing effects.
• Regulating the water content throughout your body
• Promoting healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells
• Promoting blood sugar health and helping to reduce the signs of aging
• Assisting in the generation of hydroelectric energy in cells in your body
• Absorption of food particles through your intestinal tract
• Supporting respiratory health
• Promoting sinus health
• Prevention of muscle cramps
• Promoting bone strength
• Regulating your sleep — it naturally promotes sleep
• Supporting your libido
• Promoting vascular health
• In conjunction with water, it is actually essential for the regulation of your blood pressure
Ways to use:
Soak your feet. Pink Himalayan salt can help your skin retain moisture, which makes it an ideal ingredient for a spa-like soak. Treat your feet by soaking them in warm water saturated with the salt. This can help relieve painful, tired feet after a long day. Himalayan salt allows for better absorption of the minerals, and it can help you hydrate your skin all over.
Scrub your body. The exfoliating texture of pink Himalayan salt will leave you with silky soft skin. As a bonus, regular exfoliation can actually boost your production of collagen, the protein that keeps skin smooth.
Gargle saltwater to soothe a sore throat. Although it’s not a cure-all for immediate relief, saltwater can help kill bacteria, loosen mucus, and ease pain.